Modular High Value Corn Ethanol
The Modular High Value (MHV) Corn Ethanol bio-refining system is an improved process for the production of ethanol co-products from corn- improving corn ethanol profitability by increasing revenues, minimizing energy usage, and decreasing operational costs.
MHV Process Technologies: The MHV system integrates separation, fermentation, and conversion technologies to improve the economic and environmental margins of corn ethanol production.
- High Value Co-Products (fuels, feeds, energy)
- Low Energy Use and Air Emissions
- Use of Modular Equipment & Designs
- Process and Product Versatility
- Improved Profitability & Decreased Risk
Core Technologies: Through the implementation of sequential separations, the production of a wide array of fermentation products and technologies is realized and process flexibility /control are improved. Core technologies that differentiate the MHV bio-refining system from standard corn ethanol facilities, include:
- Dry Fractionation Corn Milling System
- Mash Spent Grain / Soluble Separation
- High Speed / Low Effluent Fermentation
- Low Energy Distillation System
The Directed Evolution (DE) fermentation process is a technology for improving the speed and efficiency of whole mash fermentations.
- Developed for Whole Mash Fermentations
- Increases the Rate / Speed of Fermentations
- Implements Patented & Proprietary Yeast Strains
- Improves Fermentation Conversion Efficiencies
The DE process is easily implemented in existing ethanol facilities and improves production margins, flexibility, and reliability.